B2B Tech Marketing Community Weekly Newsletter: May 11, 2020
2020 MAY 11 FOCUS: “Now what? Time to hustle again”:
Welcome back to our newsletter. With 33 million having filed for unemployment and public as well as private noise levels rising around wanting to return to a more productive life, the pressures to re-open the economy will increase probably in fairly short order.
In fact, in China there are signs the economy is restarting (e.g. car sales grew 4% in April over April 2019). Considering China’s 3-months head start on dealing with C-19, it is conceivable similar patterns of satisfying pent up demand will also materialize in the Western world.
So, today’s issue highlights recent writings and research results that focus on practical steps marketers can take to resume growth.
Insights and next steps for marketers to resume growth:
- McKinsey article with current stats on sales spend and strategy changes – Link
- CMO Jill Richards on “5 Things Your Board Expects from Marketing Now” – Link
- Topo Post with excellent ideas for “Extreme Value Messaging” – Link
- Practical advice with “2-Step Formula for Specific, Meaningful Website Copy” – Link
- Bullish advise on your edge: “7 Signs This Recession Will Make You Rich” – Link
- Some practical ideas on restarting your ideation to prepare for what’s ahead – Link
UPCOMING EVENTS AND WEBINARS
- Jun 16 – 18: San Jose Digital Marketing Conference; Register here
- August 26 – 27: Topo Summit 2020”; Register here
Thank you for reading our Newsletter. You can forward this link to others to subscribe. To unsubscribe reply “unsubscribe”.
We wish you a safe and productive week; thank you,
B2B Technology Marketing Community on LinkedIn